REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT OF DEVELOPMENT
LOCATION: HYBRID, GREATER HOUSTON AREA, AND GALVESTON AREA
Founded in 1998 as a registered 501(c)3 non-profit, the Battleship Texas Foundation exists today to develop the historic Battleship Texas into a premier hands-on museum and visitor attraction. On August 1st, 2020, the Battleship Texas Foundation began operating the ship on behalf of the State of Texas. Donations and sponsorships make a direct impact on the success of Battleship Texas programs, including restoration, preservation, tours, and education.
The Development Manager is charged with responsibility for managing and implementing development activities, events, and communications relevant to operations fundraising at the Battleship Texas Foundation and supports the Vice President of Development in Major Gift and Capital campaign initiatives. These activities include, but are not limited to, the planning and execution of direct mail fundraising, digital fundraising, sales of commemorative merchandise, and both local and regional events relevant to giving societies and other donors.
The Development Manager works closely with the Vice President of Development to enhance and support the overall mission of the organization, and to assure that ample unrestricted and restricted funds are generated.
The Development Manager executes fund development strategies for these purposes:
- Operational Support
- Major Projects, including new programs and collaborative ventures.
- Capital Campaigns, including expansion, remodeling, and major equipment.
- Event Planning and Execution (30%)
- The Battleship Texas Foundation hosts up to one event per month, including stewardship, cultivation, and direct fundraising events. The Development Manager plans details pertaining to events and executes tasks relevant to their success, with the support and direction of the VP of Development.
- Commemorative Fundraising (30%)
- The Battleship Texas Foundation sells commemorative items to support operational fundraising. The Development Manager plans details pertaining to sales campaigns and executes tasks relevant to their success, with the support and direction of the VP of Development.
- Direct Mail and Digital Fundraising (20%)
- The Battleship Texas Foundation sends bi-annual fundraising mailers and periodically executes digital fundraising pushes. The Development Manager plans details pertaining to these pushes and mailers and executes tasks relevant to their success, with the support and direction of the VP of Development.
- Gift Processing and Stewardship (15%)
- The Development Manager oversees the input of gifts into the Foundation’s CRM, Altru, and coordinates the distribution of gifts with donations in collaboration with other team members.
- Other Duties as assigned (5%)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-5 Years of Professional Work Experience
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS
- 1-5 Years of Non-Profit Development Experience
- CFRE Certification
- Demonstrated success in growing funds relevant to programs or overall fundraising.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating multiple campaigns and initiatives simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success in event planning and execution.
- Demonstrated success in planning and executing direct mail campaigns.
- Demonstrated success in planning and executing digital fundraising campaigns.
- Experience with Blackbaud products and/or Altru.
Up to 25% travel outside of the Greater Houston and Galveston Areas may be required.
$50,000-$60,000 depending on experience
- Employer paid healthcare for employee.
- Employee paid healthcare for spouse and dependent(s).
- Organizational Cell Phone Plan
- PTO and Sick Time